Winemaker: Toit Wessels
Main Variety: Sauvignon blanc , Cabernet Franc
RS: 4.5 g/l
Total Acid: 6.1 g/l
Extract: 23.1 g/l
Bottled: 18 April 2019
Release Date: June 2019
Bottles: 2553 bottles
A fresh, array of pineapple and red summer berries evolves to notes of pomegranate and delicate strawberry sorbet on the palate.
The Lucky Lady Rose is ideal with medium bodied seafood dishes, summer salads or lightly cured meats.
The Sauvignon Blanc vineyards used to produce our vibrant Lucky Lady Rose are planted in an East-West direction to avoid direct sun exposure to the bunches and to protect the delicate tropical and red berry flavours. The Cabernet Franc flavour is enhanced by direct sunlight and is planted in a North-South direction. The vines grow in deep Oakleaf soils irrigated according to soil moisture availability and leaf water potential.
Sauv Blanc Cabernet Franc
Sugar : 19.5o Balling, 20.5o Balling 22.5o Balling
Acid : 10.2g/l ,7.35g/l 6.1g/l
pH : 2.95, 3.05 3.55
- The grapes were harvested at night and destemmed only to press under reductive conditions.
- The juice was settled with pectalytic enzyme for 48 hours at 9oCelsius before being racked and inoculated with selected commercial yeast cultures.
- Fermentation was managed at 14-16o Celsius and lasted for 21 days.
- After primary ferment was completed the component cultivars were blended and a short 60-day period of lees contact enhanced midpalate while still retaining the crisp Rose character.
- Great care was taken to retain the delicate red berry flavours and a light filtration was done before bottling.