Winemaker: Toit Wessels
Alcohol: 12.5% vol
Residual Sugar: 6.0 g/l
Total Acid: 5.9 g/l
Extract: 22.3 g/l
Bottled: 14 August 2018
Release Date: September 2018
Bottles: 11000 bottles
A fresh, upfront, tropical array of lime, pineapple and green guava evolves to hints of orange blossom and citrus on the palate and flinty minerality lingering on the aftertaste.
There are 2 varieties used in this wine:
- Sauvignon blanc (96%)
- Viognier (4%)
- The grapes of both varieties were harvested at night and destemmed only to press under reductive conditions.
- The Sauvignon Blanc juice was settled with pectalytic enzyme for 48 hours at 9oCelsius before being racked and inoculated with a selected commercial yeast culture.
- Fermentation in a Stainless Steel tank was managed at 14-16o Celsius and lasted for 21 days.
- The juice of the Viognier component was also settled for 48 hours before being racked to barrel where ferment started naturally and was then aided by the addition of a specifically selected commercial yeast culture.
- A short 60 day period of lees contact enhanced midpalate while still retaining the appealing tropical character of both components.
- Great care was taken to retain the delicate flavours by careful reductive juice and wine management from grape to bottle.